Sunday, April 28, 2013

Sprouts and Crayons


Our sprouts are coming up, and everything else is coming out of the woodwork, as well. Ants and spiders and everything else are buzzing around, making digging near the garden a favorite. From nearly the time they get here till they want to go home, our friends have been outside. I'm giving serious thought to having circle time under the shade outside, as our enchanting summery spring is not to be missed. 

Most of my time outside work right now is taken up with getting ready for our licensing appointment on Wednesday, be sure to collect a high-five from me Wednesday afternoon. After some conversations with my licenser, the area may change a little (I may choose to change the available areas back behind the trees, and we'll be washing hands for lunch in the daycare kitchen sink once I put a step up.) We'll be taking down the sheet under the covered roof to paint plants on it this next week, which should be a lot of fun.

We've taken a couple short trips around the block, and on Friday, across Hayes and Garfield to the park in the afternoon. The sensory table will be a water table again, and I'm expecting a plant stained glass to send home (waxed paper) this coming week. 

I'm going back to work now. I'd love to see any of you coming by around lunch this week, it's going to be gorgeous outside! 

If anyone has a set of Stockmar Wachsfarben crayons they'd like to donate to the crayon box, they'd make a great supplement to the ones I'm getting for more coloring and lettering work. I would like to have more work being sent home, since we're going to be doing more table art work for our inside portion in the coming weeks. I plan on spending more time outside after the first hour or two each day, as my curriculum continues to build. Magnifying glasses, more construction work, and a larger area for the kids to interact with plants and dirt in both constructive and exploratory ways are on my agenda.

No comments:

Post a Comment